An activity in the Community area asks for everyone to start a 30 minute beauty routine once a week; taking time to care for your most important asset: yourself. When you start caring for your body and health one of the first things we think about is better skin. I've tried all of the different cremes and concoctions in the stores but sometimes it's better to use what we have around the house, not to mention cheaper too.
Below are 5 Facial Mask Recipes you can try at home with ingredients you probably have in your pantry or fridge.
1. Heavy Cream Mask
- 1 Tbsp. Heavy Cream ( Milk Cream )
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- Mix the baking soda with the cream until it acquires the consistency of men's shaving foam
- Add honey and mix, smooth onto the skin of face and neck for 20 minutes
This is the quickest mask to prepare it has also the quickest effect, since it contains medium chain fatty acids in the free form, sugars, vitamins (specially vitamin A), minerals and trace elements. It will leave your skin very smooth.
2. Best Mask for Smooth Skin
- 1/2 Banana (over-ripe)
- 1/2 Avocado (over-ripe)
- 1 Tbsp. Cucumber (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Mix all the ingredients and process them in a blender
- Apply a thick layer and leave for 30 minutes
- Wash with luke water then splash with cold water
3. Oatmeal and Yogurt Face Mask
- 1 tbsp oatmeal, finely ground
- 1 tbsp live, organic yogurt (skip the flavored stuff)
- A few drops of honey
Method: - Add the yogurt to the oatmeal in a small bowl and mix together.- Warm a few drop of honey. To do this, warm a spoon under hot water for a minute, then add a few drops of honey to the spoon.
- Stir the honey into the yogurt and oatmeal mixture.
- Apply the mask to the face. Leave it on for 10 minutes, then rinse off with several splashes of warm water. Follow with a warm washcloth.
- Apply moisturizer.
4. For Oily Skin
Use some plain Milk of Magnesia, rub it on and let dry, then rinse with lukewarm water. It absorbs oil wonderfully!
5. For Dry Skin
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Few drops of vitamin E oil (optional)
- Smooth on and leave on for 15 min. , rinse in lukewarm water and pat dry.