Write For Submissive Guide
Thank you for your interest in guest posting on SubmissiveGuide.com! I’m always interested in receiving well-written, unique articles from a variety of standpoints which will encourage and inspire my readers. I’m particularly looking for posts about relationships, dynamics and novice tutorials from the submissive point of view.
I am always looking for guest posts on a numerous variety of topics. I’m grateful to those that have donated time and writing for this site so far and look forward to working with many more of you in the future.
Submissive Guide now offers $15 US for each published article after the first two (2)*.
NO paid position(s) currently available. Volunteer guest posts are always welcome.
Would you like to write for Submissive Guide voluntarily just because you believe in the efforts of the site and its value to the community?
Here are some ideas of what I’m looking for:
- How to reprogram yourself to come once the Come on Command relationship is over.
- Unique dynamics (ie: Owner/pet, ponies/chattel, Gorean, domestic servant (w/o relationship), gay/lesbian, poly of all types, swingers into BDSM, working with disabilities)
- BDSM while pregnant
- Sexual submissive topics – examples include anal play, orgasm training, masturbation, dirty talk, dressing up, fantasy role play, sex toy use and safety
- Mixing BDSM and Swinging
- Polyamory from primers to advanced topics, including jealousy
- Expertise in BDSM activities from the bottom point of view, select one activity per post.
- BDSM fiction and non-fiction book reviews. Non-fiction preferred.
- An educated opinion or critical response to one of the articles on Submissive Guide.
- An educated opinion or critical response to one of the articles on another site. (must use quotes so that if site disappears, the essay still makes sense)
- Posts from the male submissive point of view; any topics welcome
The following guidelines are not intended to stifle your creativity, but to streamline Kink Network’s article posting process. Submissions that closely adhere to these guidelines are much more likely to be published!
Before submitting your post for consideration, please note the following guidelines:
- Author Qualifications
- You must be an active participant in BDSM or in D/s relationships in some form. I do not accept articles that are not specific to BDSM or power exchange.
- Preference will be given to those who demonstrate a genuine interest in Kink Network sites as a reader or follower.
- Articles submitted to Kink Network must be written exclusively for Submissive Guide and/or Dominant Guide and must not have been previously published or submitted to any other publisher.
- In keeping with the spirit of Kink Network sites, guest posts should offer practical tips, advice, how-tos or ideas.
- Posts must be high-quality, original content (i.e. not published anywhere else online).
- Articles may contain a personal story, but must also provide the reader with advice, tips or suggestions for how to apply your story to their own life.
- Articles must not be commercial or promotional with respect to any specific product or service. Submissions with a “visit my site” or “check out my product” type feel will not be accepted. Contact us if you’d like to advertise on the site with a Sponsored Post.
- Likewise, submissions which appear to be strictly PR- or SEO-related will not be accepted.
- Articles that are not related to BDSM, submission or the kink/fetish scene will not be accepted.
- Please limit your post to 800-2500 words. (If you aren’t sure what your word count is, the Word Count Tool is handy: http://www.wordcounttool.com/ ) Articles below 800 words will be declined. Longer submissions will be returned with a request to edit down to our suggested word count or a request to split into two stand-alone articles.
- Submissive Guide will not accept articles written in the third person or using slash speak ( ie. I/i, Y/you, T/them, H/him)
- Use of bullets, lists and short paragraphs is highly encouraged as it makes reading online much easier.
- Please do not email your submission in HTML format. Use of a shared document in Google Drive is also accepted. Attach relevant images to the email (if applicable). Please do not send PDF files or files with embedded references.
- Please make a concerted effort to use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation. Due to time constraints, submissions which require excessive editing cannot be accepted.
- Make sure any links in your post are relevant and valid. Links deemed to be irrelevant to the main idea of your post will be removed without notice. Likewise, any non-working links will be removed without notice.
- We will include a short bio sketch of the author with each published article. Company affiliation as it relates to the article (one mention), and one method of contact (Web, social profile or e-mail address) are permissible.
- Review Process
- Submission of your guest post does not guarantee publication. Your submission will be reviewed and if it will benefit Kink Network readers, it is likely to be published.
- An in–house editorial panel reviews all articles. In general, this process takes approximately four weeks.
- If you do not hear from Kink Network, 4 weeks after submitting your query or article, you may assume I do not think it is a good fit for my readers.
- Article Destination
- If accepted, your article may appear in one or more of our publications, depending on reader relevance. We often publish articles in multiple publications depending on topic.
- Article Editing and Formatting
- Kink Network formats articles using an an in-house style guide, and edit at our discretion for grammar, flow and readability. This can include changing a title to maximize reader engagement and/or accommodate space limitations. In addition, editors may perform sentence and/or paragraph edits for space. The author is contacted only when the editor has a question regarding the meaning of a particular passage, the accuracy of a statement is in question, or more information is required (missing references, etc.). Authors appreciate this attention to detail and our efforts to make the article as reader-friendly as possible.
- Kink Network does not claim sole copyright to your articles. Original Content can be posted elsewhere after 6 months of publication (12 months for paid contributors) and must remain credited as the original publisher.
- Publishing Timeline
- If your guest post is accepted, it usually takes between one and 3 months for your guest post to be published. I do my best to notify you within 4-6 weeks if your guest post is not accepted for publication so that you can submit it to another publication
- Typically, we publish one to three guest posts per month, so depending on how many guest posts are in the queue, it may be several months before your post is published. Due to the fluidity of writing, Kink Network cannot tell you the exact date your post will be published ahead of time.
If you would like to submit your guest post for review, please email it to email@example.com with “Guest Post Submission” in the subject line.
Please include the following:
Your full name.
Your URL (if applicable).
Your post title.
The body of your post.
Attach any images you’d like to include (not required).
A short bio.
You can send your guest post submission to my email address firstname.lastname@example.org. I will review them as time allows and let you know what I think. Please give me a week before contacting me to see where I am in your evaluation. Thank you!