This guest post is a honeymoon gift from MGbunny.
Time is not always our friend more so if you work outside of your Tops home and have chores to do upon returning home from work, needing to make time to cook dinner as well. It then becomes the question of how to make real food, real fast. Here 36 ten-minute meals to help you out when time are short.
1) Mix ground turkey with seasoned breadcrumbs: moisten with jellied cranberry sauce and shape into the patties; broil. Meanwhile, stir mayonnaise with a little curry powder and lime juice. Spreads on buns add patties and arugula. Serve with a toss salad.
2) Rub thin-cut pork chops with Mexican seasoning or chili powder. Brown chops in nonstick skillet. Serve with mixture of rinsed canned black beans, diced avocado, red onion, chopped cilantro, oil and vinegar.
3) Sauté peeled shrimp in a large skillet in a little oil until just cooked. Stir in bottled arrabbiata pasta sauce: heat serve over cooked fresh pasta.
4) Microwave package Thai-style noodles with sauce as box directs. Meanwhile, heat a couple tsp. oil in large skillet. Season slices of pork tenderloin with salt and pepper, stir-fry and toss with noodles. Add frozen stir-fry vegetables to skillet: stir-fry until crisp-tender. Toss with pork and noodles. Top with scallions.
5) Brown chunks boneless chicken thighs chopped onion and chopped bell pepper in a large skillet in a little oil. Stir in bottled curry cooking sauce; simmer, covered, until heated through. Serve over rice.
6) Add corn and frozen shelled edamame to New England clam chowder. Top with crumbled precooked bacon and freshly ground pepper.
7) Cook fresh tortellini as package directs. Set aside a cup of pasta water. Add frozen peas, then drain. Toss with garlic and herb cheese spread thinned with some pasta water.
8) Sauté sliced Portobello mushrooms, peppers and onions in olive oil. Roll in flour tortillas and serve with salsa and sour cream. Heats a can of black beans add cumin and garlic.
9) Mix canned condense cream of chicken soup with a little milk in a large skillet until creamy. Stir in frozen mixed vegetables and cubed cooked chicken or turkey; heat until hot Spoon over warmed purchased biscuits.
10) Heat frozen creamed spinach in the microwave. Pour into a large nonstick skillet. Break eggs into skillet, cover and heat until eggs are set. Arrange sliced ham on toasted English muffins; top with spinach and eggs. Serve with fresh fruit salad.
11) Fill split warmed pita with sliced smoked turkey, roasted peppers, onion, watercress and hummus. Serve with veggie sticks.
12) Sauté chicken tenders until cooked through. Serve with a mixture of orange marmalade, soy sauce and a bit of mustard for dipping. Toss salad and Minute rice.
13) Spread slices whole grain bread with mustard. Top half with slice with Brie cheese, broil until melted top other slices with sliced ham and alfalfa sprouts. Sandwich together. Serve with your favorite chips.
14) Spread flour tortillas with Thousand Island dressing. Top with sliced corned beef, sliced Swiss cheese. Roll up; microwave 1 minute to melt cheese. Serve with deli coleslaw
15) Heat a little oil in a large skillet. Add red pepper strips, sliced onion, ready-to-heat turkey meatballs. Add 3tsp paprika; sauté 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cook fresh fettuccine as package directs. Stir a can of condensed cream of chicken soup and a can of water into the meatballs simmer 2 minutes; stir in a cup of reduced-fat sour cream. Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Serve with canned green beans
16) Season scallops with salt and pepper. Sauté in a little olive oil in a large skillet just until cooked through. Remove add pesto and a touch of fat-free half-and-half to skillet; heat gently. Spoon onto plate’s top with scallops. Fix Minute rice add broth in place of water. Mix frozen peas into boiling broth before adding rice.
17) Heat broiler. Brown lean ground beef in skillet; add barbecue sauce and a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce. Stir in some frozen peas and carrots until hot. Spoon into a shallow baking dish; top with microwave refrigerated mashed potatoes mixed with some shredded cheese. Broil until top is browned. Serve with hard rolls.
18) Mix plain yogurt, diced cucumber and a little salt. Sauté onions with strips of deli roast beef with oregano and ground cumin in a bit of oil in large skillet. Top warmed pocketless pitas with beef, lettuce, sliced tomatoes and yogurt sauce.
19) Heat broiler; cut a rotisserie chicken into quarters. Place skin side up on foil lined rimmed baking sheet. Mix ½ cup honey, ¼ cup lime juice, 2 tsp. chili powder 1 tsp. ground cumin and ½ tsp. pepper in a small bowl; brush chicken with half. Broil 8 minutes sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Serve with remaining honey-lime sauce and Minute rice.
20) Brown ground turkey with a bit of ground cumin in a nonstick skillet. Spoon over garlic couscous top with diced cucumber, tomato and onion and plain yogurt.
21) Mix cooked fresh pasta with sautéed broccoli, cherry tomatoes, red onions and Kalamata olives. Toss with olive oil, lemon juice and oregano. Top with Feta.
22) Sauté sliced smoked sausage until browned. Add canned lentil soup, cup of bagged shredded carrots; simmer until carrots are tender. Serve with dinner rolls.
23) Brush turkey cutlets with Italian dressing then cook on stovetop grill pan until cooked through. Top with a mixture of baby arugula, halved grape tomatoes and sliced red onion. Drizzle with a bit more dressing.
24) Form ground pork into ½ inch think patties. Cook in nonstick skillet until done. Stir in barbecue sauce. Serve on toasted buns with deli broccoli slaw.
25) Brown ground beef in large skillet; stir in canned chunky tomato sauce and chili seasoning mix. Simmer until slightly thickened; stir in canned corn and rinsed kidney beans. Heat through. Serve with rolls
26) Fix Minute rice with shredded cooked chicken and green tomatillo salsa heat a few minutes. Stir in sour cream; top with diced avocado, chopped onions, and cilantro. Sprinkle with lime juice.
27) Toss cooked fresh spaghetti with peanut sauce slice scallions, shredded carrots, strips of cooked chicken and sliced cucumbers sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
28) Heat oven to 500 degrees sprinkle shredded mozzarella on a pre-baked pizza crust (Boboli) place directly on middle oven rack and bake 5 minutes. Toss bagged romaine lettuce salad with strips of cooked chicken, chopped plum tomatoes and a little Caesar dressing remove crust from oven immediately top with salad.
29) Canned vegetable soup, flour tortillas, Mexican cheese. In a large skillet with a little oil place a tortilla in pan add cheese, place tortilla on top of cheese and grill cut into wedges
30) Cooked pasta mixed with canned tuna, tossed with black and green olive sauce. Serve with toss salad
31) Toss canned artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, pepperoni, olives sliced salami, little mozzarella balls, with greens, and Italian dressing. Serve with crusty Italian bread.
32) Sauté grape tomatoes in a large skillet with a little olive oil and minced garlic just until tomatoes start to burst. Add baby arugula, salt and pepper cooked until wilted. Toss with cooked fresh pasta and heat-and-serve bacon.
33) Brown lean ground beef with some minced fresh ginger and garlic. Add light soy sauce and rice vinegar to moisten. Spoon into leaves of green leaf lettuce top with shredded carrot and sliced scallions.
34) Hear broiler. Purée equal parts of cream peanut butter and mango chutney in a blender. Add a little soy sauce and lime juice to taste. Broil chicken tender, turning once until cooked through. Serve with tossed salad
35) Heat oven to 450F. Place salmon fillets in roasting pan rub with mixture of smoked paprika, brown sugar, cinnamon, greeted orange zest. Roast 10 minutes. Serve with pine nut couscous.
36) Stir blue cheese with a little softened butter and pepper. Heat a little olive oil in a skilled cook ¾ inch thick boneless sirloin steak to desired doneness. Top with blue cheese mixture. Serve with refrigerated mashed potatoes, canned corn.
bunnycrocker, as she's called in her local community because it seems as if she lives in her kitchen is from Las Vegas. She ran a support group for subs/slaves here in Las Vegas that meets weekly and writes a monthly news letter. She can be reached at email@example.com or on fetlife as MGbunny.