Being an emotionally healthy person is a goal that all of us have but a smaller margin actually accomplish. With the constant stress of commitments and modern day obligations, our emotions face the brunt of it. The goal of a submissive is to seek that balance in emotional states so that our service appears stress-free and sincere; even if we have a lot going on in the background. Living as an emotionally healthy submissive takes knowing what is considered healthy to begin with. Applying the following concepts to your own life can help you bring balance to your mental state.
- A healthy submissive nurtures maintains and develops life-affirming relationships. Rarely are self-destructive relationships sought or sustained. This also includes the open friendships the submissive has.
- A healthy submissive is capable of intense joy and happiness in a sustained relationship. The feelings expressed by a submissive with a balanced emotional state are full and impressive.
- A healthy submissive is a giver. Even if it means offering their last bit of change, a submissive is willing to sacrifice to bring comfort and happiness to others. Often a submissive needs to learn self-control as to not give over more than they are capable of.
- A healthy submissive is sensitive to the emotional needs of others. Compassion and sympathy are honest emotions that a submissive can get in touch with really easily to comfort others.
- A healthy submissive is accepting of herself and does not have cultural hang ups over her body or appearance. She is comfortable in her skin and is not easily impacted by social media suggestions.
This is just a beginning for what concepts can guide your life in an emotionally healthy way. Seeking balance is what everyone desires. How many times have you heard or said that everything seems out of balance? Bringing peace to your emotional well being is important to living as a happy and healthy submissive.
It's not as easy as it sounds. I know, I've tried. I'm constantly trying to bring peace to myself. "Serenity Now!" The drama of being online a lot, the turmoil of a one income household, loving your best friend forever and knowing that he's going to beat you tonight because it's fun. Friendships come and go like the seasons in the garden of life and while you may miss the more vibrant ones, each has touched you in some profound way. Welcoming the joy of past memories into your thoughts can help bring peace.
Interacting with others is also every healthy for the submissive soul. It could be volunteering at an assisted living facility or watching the neighbor's kids while they go out for a movie. Being there for people replenishes the submissive soul. I've even found it welcoming to people watch at the mall. Seeing other people struggle with life can put yours into perspective.
I've always envisioned my ideal life as being the peace bringer to my relationship. Someone that can see the stress and dissipate it effortlessly. Trying to achieve that goal helps me lead an emotionally healthier life.
What do you do that keeps you healthy?