Hi, everyone! I hope that you have had time to read the first section of the book club book, "Conquer Me" by Kacie Cunningham. If you want to read the book at a later time, I suggest you skip this book club series - as I can't promise there won't be "spoilers." Then again, this book is fantastic and even if you don't plan to read it, I'm sure you could learn all about it from what others say here.
- What is your general opinion of the book so far?
- What do you think of the style of writing?
- It was written for female submissives - how much of it do you think can cross genders? (pg. xix)
- The author doesn't organize bottom, submissive and slave as a hierarchy as many others do, but as a difference in motivation. Do you agree or disagree with her assessment? (pg. 1-3)
- Kacie breaks submissives up into service-oriented and obedience-driven categories in Chapter 2 (pg. 4-8). Do you fall more into one category than another? How so?
- Chapter 7 (pg 25-29) brings the definition of the title of the book and why it's so important to the author. Do you connect with her explanation? Do you have another saying for the feeling you get to be conquered?
- The author spends several chapters talking about communication. What bits of information did you pick up on that you will be using in your own relationship?
- Do you have a favorite quote so far? What is it?
Share as much or as little as you wish. If you want to know my answers to these questions, check the comments below! Please write your thoughts and comments in the comments area below this post so that everyone can follow along with the discussion.
For next week's book club event, please read page 57 to page113 (to the end of Ch 23).